.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, September 15, 2017

 

Tin Cup, redux

Now, Tin Cup is not my favorite movie . . . it's not even my favorite Golf Movie . . . but there's no denying there are funny things in it, Cheech, Rene', & Linda (as Doreen) are all wonderful, and this stands in for nomination as the Best (Least Worst) Kevin Costner Movie (leavin'aside The Big Chill) . . . 8^D . . . naw, seriously, this did for Golf what Field of Dreams did for Baseball . . . and Tin Cup is an idiomatic verb now of course . . . but the best thing about it for me was always the Unfinished Symphony of Roy McAvoy, which i had written about before, but really, dubious poetry aside, once you communicate the idea of helping Rene Russo make her hip turn, well it's all just blah-blah-blah in the background i'n'n't? 😏

But anyway, to the point of the post: in that movie, I just happened to see again the other day, in part, as I was flippin' around the cable channels, there is this scene captured above  . . . I'd never noticed before . . . Roy is skulking into the Shrink's office, which is in the Salome Wellness Center . . . I mean, I don't claim to be the smartest or most alert person around, and the movie has been out for a couple of decades now, and i seen it at least partially a dozen times, never noticed before, and just think this is some crazy smart humor. 

But then I gotta re-consider the whole movie: if she's Salome, is Roy J the B? and if he is JB, then is Simms JC, or would JC be Peter Jacobsen (the actual Open winner (in the movie, I'mean))?

But then, I've been a huge fan of the whole JC - JB - Salome wrangle ever since I got old enough to read between the lines . . . Bible can be a fertile ground if you were looking to read between the lines, or just bored during the sermon . . . if you see how I mean . . .



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?