Sunday, December 18, 2016
Excerpts from Tommy's Honor
Saturday, December 10, 2016
How to Flush Your Fairway Woods
Wednesday, November 16, 2016
array # 23825 - the Opposite of Cut
Tuesday, July 19, 2016
Penati Heritage Golf Course, Senica, CZ
Penati (SK) Heritage by Jonathan Davison
6230m, Par 72, Slope 147, by Jonathan Davison
5687m, Par 72, Slope 143 (Yellow Tees)
Penati Legend by Nicklaus Associates
6313m, Par 72, Slope 145, by Nicklaus Associates
5523m, Par 72, Slope 138 (Yellow Tees)
Panorama Golf Course in Senica, CZ
Friday, July 15, 2016
Golf Digest's 2016 Armchair Architect Entry - Sand Valley #14
- tee shot is a little intimidating, the fairway is so narrow and sloping right-to-left . . . a perfect shot to the right side of the fairway will stay
- 2nd shot likely to be from bottom of one of two bowls on the left . . . three red copper beeches mark 100 - 150 - 200 yds from green;
- green is protected by its uphill position, elevated surfaces, 3 steep tiers, sand in front, just as sort of a target, and a large tree front-right
- uses natural topology thru-out. the high points are used for the Back Tees and for the green complex; the left side has two big bowls that will draw careless shots down into even more challenging approaches
- 480 yd hole from back tees, uphill, against prevailing wind, very, very tough.
Tuesday, May 31, 2016
Almost An Eagle @ Ahwatukee CC, Par 4 #07, 16-05-31
Friday, May 27, 2016
Ocean Course at Kiawah_Mr Science Reports
Another good round! Another 84, but on a higher course rating and slope. 2nd in a row that was my best differential of the past 20. 24 putts, 2 in the water, 5 times chipped twice on the same hole, and one triple bogey, without doing any of those things. Coulda been a 75. Or 77, since there was an improbable 0-putt and a 30-footer that went in.
I was starting to think I really could play. After a bogey on #1, I made 6 pars. 7 putts on 6 holes. Including one hole with two chips and no putts. The Pete Dye greens are very elevated,
and from the collection area 6 feet below the green my first lob wedge almost made it to the top, but rolled all the way back to my feet. The second one crashed into the pin and dropped in the hole for a par.
There were dangerous beasts on some of the holes
I made a 5-foot birdie putt on #13, which was the hardest hole in the PGA when it was last played here in 2012.
And made par on the signature 17th
We had a very light shower the last few holes, and it was windy all day, but the downpour held off until after we had finished.
Heading to Pinehurst tomorrow.