.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, May 17, 2015

 

Rancho Manana with my peeps

visited previously many times . . .
While GabeTheBabe & Chris2 hit the driving range, I hit the concession stand by the 1st & 11th tee to nosh a burger . . . hmmmmm. 5 years ago they were 3 dollars instead of 7$, but basically the same, tho'I am not . . . I think my metabolism has slowed . . .
Gabe on the practice green


Elephant Butte


#1 par 4. . . not too difficult on paper, but anything left is dead in the trash, and anything right has a very, very difficult look at the green heavily protected by mounds & bunkers -- around the dogleg left, out of site . . . 






#2 par 4 . . . plagued by burger-stuffing & performance anxiety about the 2nd shot here, i couldn't even get the 1st shot, or a second in the air . . . hole slopes down sharply from the fairway you can see to a green . . . a good driver puts you on that downslope, in the rough . . . tough uneven lie . . . so good hole







#3 is a very narrow, but straightforward, moderate length par 3 . . if you're steaming, because of messing up the 1st 2 holes, then you'll mess this one up too, and probably dent one of the huge saguaros with your drive . ..  if you're playing well, you might well say, what an easy hole on an easy course . . . 8^D . . . 






#4 is one of my most love/hate holes . . . even if I master my emotions and hit a good first shot . . . the second is so tuff to get to the elevated green, even from <150 .="" all="" and="" course="" dogleg="" down="" frequents="" inside="" left="" maybe="" nbsp="" of="" one="" outside="" p="" right="" the="" trash="" unless="" way="" yds="">


#5 is a harmless little par 3, if you can hit it straight, in the wind . . .and control your distance . . . 




#6 is an awkward short par 5 that wraps around the mountain . . . if you can cut the corner well enough, an easy opportunity to go for the green in 2, fairly good risk/reward . . . like I say elsewhere, tho', if you miss it right, your ball might wind up downhill by the #9 green . . . 8^0 . . . #6 green is narrow & canted right-to-left away from the fairway and protected by several bunkers, including one in front. Hmpf. NOT so easy . . . 


#7 is the first of 2 bodacious elevation-change par 3s. There is signage to help you pick a club.





#8 is an isidious little par4 . . . driveable for big hitters . . .I just hit a 5wood and try to wedge close . . . green is protected by huge bunkers in front and right and mounds, and a fall-off behind and left. 



whoa: backup to a view of #2 green . . . picture doesn't really show how high&steep that incline is down to the green . . . 

On #9, Chris2 hit a fabulous shot and didn't even realize it . . . 8^) . . . I thot it was my ball, but I was 5 yds short of the green . . .


I got no picture of the very enjoyable par 5 #10 . . . could have eagled it but took a double bogey instead . . . not sure, but for me, trying for eagle doesn't result in more birdies but more double bogeys, somehow.

No picture either -- what is wrong with me -- of the miniscule par 3 #11 . . . a fun hole everyone underestimates unless they have radar wedges . . . 

On #10, pull-hooked my drive left, then pull-hooked my second shot left again . . . then holed my chip for a birdie . . . looks good on the scorecard anyway . . . 


Well that is surely the death-knell, over-and-above any PBFU . . . not only good I not hit another ball off the ground on #11, but the temperature dropped and rain started falling . . . a persistent, cold, hard-dropped rain . . . we managed one more hole, the par 3 #12, but i was the only one that finished . . .  hit a good shot, into the bunker right of the green, splashed out just past the pin 8 feet, missed the comebacker . . . and we were done, washed out . . . 




Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?