.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

 

Successful Futility

Cannot win, or even place, during this interval I have identified as the strong part of my season . . . it may be a self-fulfilling prophecy that degrades my play during the rest of the summer, due to low expectations, but I have rationalized that in the heat of late summer, when I can dress in “Arizona mode” (wide-brim hat, shorts, shirttail out, and golf-sandals) the greens and fairways dry out and harden to more like what I ‘m used to . . . . faster, if you see how I mean . . . at any rate, I shot my ass off, birdied #1 for the first time, even, with 6 or 7 missed birdie putts, and still came in 6th with 38 stableford points – had 3 “other” holes that cost me dearly. Oh, well, what can you do? Handicap down to 14 flat, now, god help me, there’s no way I can play to 14 . . . 8^D


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?