.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, July 15, 2012

 

GCPTour12-07-14

As you can see, I finished 4th . . . tied 2nd & 3rd in Stableford points, lost on a scorecard playoff . . .

 

I believe it was my failure on the 18th that cost me 2nd . . . sort of a Jean Van de Veld moment . . . drive was on the edge of the trees, and instead of chipping a safety out, I tried to hit a miracle shot to avoid double-bogey –twice, totally @#$@%@% Whiffed TWICE – before I just chipped out safely, afterall . . . bottomline, I got a 9, instead of a 7 . . . . that 1 point would have put me in 2nd . . .

 

That hit me hard enough . . . I’d played brilliantly most of the day, several missed birdies (I view as a positive, not a negative . . . 8^) . . . ), up till that last hole . . . I didn’t realize the cost until they’d announced the winners . . . it was horribly windy, 3 club wind at times . . . but apparently my competitive colleagues have gotten better in the wind . . . the last tournament I won at GCP last year was like this. . .  

 

I had 38 stableford by my rough count 6 pars, 9 bogeys, 2 doubles, and the one Other, and that should ordinarily be good enough to place . . . but then the internal recriminations started, what-if, what-if, what-if . . .

 

Then I tho’t about the other holes . . .I’d parred the par 5s 3 out of 4 . . . but I was 8 over on the par 3s . . . including fat foozles on the short downhiller # 3 . . . I mean . . . even just being 4 over on those would have tied me for 1st . . . I putted well in streaks, still had 4 or 5 3putts . . . just dang, dang, dang . . . .


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?