.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, July 06, 2010

 

Coyote Del Malpais - Grants NM

6768 yds, slope 119, par 71, by William Howard Neff

MalPais means BadLands in Espanol. As I have driven down I-40 thru the years, from PHX to ABQ, there in Grants, past the stateline, right there by the freeway is miles and miles of volcanic tuff, nasty looking stuff, and a sign for Coyote Del Malpais . . . so I'm thinking that this golf course must be sort of like a NM version of a Hawaii course with tuff ruff . . . but ever time I made time to play the course it rained (if you can believe it) or there was a wind warning (once), but this time I was DEE-terminated to play in a Teddy Roosevelt way, if you see what I mean.


The directions from the HI Express include passing a women's prison and a large greenhouse operation . . . it was much further from the freeway than I tho't, but that was all to the good, the closer to snug up to the mountains.

Oddly enough, I was able to walk right on and tee off . . . 8^D . . .

Read more, on the Bohemian Duffer

This is the back 9, from the clubhouse verandah. Hmmm. Not really into the mountains, and I don't see any tuff . . . the pro in the shop said something about water . . .

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?