.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

 

Sunland Village


Mr Science Reports:

This one is diagonally across the street from Desert Sands, but it might as well be on another planet. Instead of trailer parks, this course is amid a retirement community of small, but nicely kept homes and condos. There are sand traps and water hazards in play, only 2 par 4's under 285 yards, contoured fairways, and elevation changes. I rate it a 2, it's not as good as Mountain Shadows, but our only complaint was that the fairways were a little shaggy, which cost the Golfing Queen precious yardage on many shots. I can imagine myself at 80 living in a place like this, driving my golf cart around the streets, and playing 9 holes every day.

I had the best 9-hole score of my life, 2 under par 29, on the front 9. Two birdies, 4 GIR, 11 putts. My only explanation is a warp in the space-time continuum which caused Stewart Cink to hit some shots that I was supposed to hit today, and vice verse. (To save future readers the research, I relate here that Stewart was 7 under par on the third tee in the final round of the PODS championship today, with a 4-shot lead. Thanks to a birdie on 17, he ended up tied with 5 other guys for 2nd place, two behind Sean O'Hair, who bogied 18.)

The worm hole closed on 10 though, and I made double bogey. I added another on 14, and two bogies, and the balance of the universe was restored.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?