.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, July 13, 2007

 

Westbrook Lakes


6366 Yds, Par 71, Slope 123, by Ted Robinson

Golfweb

They Say: "The LAKES COURSE offers players a traditional golf course with mature landscape and trees accented with numerous water hazards, undulating greens and silicon sand in strategically placed bunkers. The signature 17th and 18th holes guarantee an exciting finish to every round."
Just as the Vistas course has disappointed compared to other Cavanaugh courses, the Lakes course must disappoint, compared to other Ted Robinson courses . . . still, it's no pushover, and it's not boring, it just lacks that je ne sans quois. Tho' there are hidden hazards, like the water behind the green on #9, there is little of the oppressive challenge of a typical Robinson course, tho' the condition was fine and the appearance "pleasant" there was none of the drama as one would see at Inn of the Mountain Gods, or Sahalee, or even Ocotillo.
I remember trees, but I would say they were generally out-of-the-way, from the fairway, unlike many Robinson courses, and the greens displeased me -- very slow and grainy -- I'm so slow to adapt I know I left at least 9 short when they would have been in the heart . . . I had a 45-51=96, compared to Mr Science's 39-39=78, with a birdie . . . I felt like I was playing well all thru the front 9, with the main difference being His birdie on #8 and my double bogey on #9. On the back 9, I just played double bogey golf . . . hardly remember a hole or a shot . . . did I have a stroke . . . I dunno . . . I think mainly my backswing got too long . . . that and the grainy, slow greens.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?