.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

 

2 Birdies

I remember years ago, before Y2K, that my ambition was to make a birdie every 9 holes -- with the result that I should have 3 or 4 missed birdies every 9 holes . . . but now I find these many years later that that is still my ambition. What brings this to mind is how often either myself or Mr Science gets 2 birdies a round here lately . . .

I feel like I play better than 10 years or 5 years ago -- and Mr Science is definitely crowding past his performance levels in the past: now he is disappointed if he doesn't break 80 every time -- and I know I am longer than I used to be, smarter course-management-wise, more skillful short-game-wise, but maybe not as strong as back then -- not as much endurance, but it's hard to see the difference score wise . . .

maybe my handicap has dropped 4 or 5 strokes over the last few years, but even with my new driver I'm not seeing the same benefit as Mr Science in the only metric that matters. I keep making high numbers on at least one hole per 9, which offsets the benefit of my birdie. It could be that I've simply plateaued at the max potential for the collective sum of all my swing faults, but I still feel if I could play more . . . .

Comes to mind since I made 2 birdies at 2 of the three golf courses I played on vacation, and Mr Science, too, has been on a binge lately, exceeding his consistent mediocrity, as when he got two birdies, on two consecutive days, at Eagle Mountain . . .

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?